Hey there! I'm Yukiteru. (Cosmo-vibes)
Helping to spread some Jing love to English-speaking fans and get their fix of eye-candy and everything Jing. Jing is a Female Taiwanese musician, Jing Chang. (Zhang Yun Jing/張芸京)
Jing has long held the image of androgyny. But in the eyes of their fans, she is still a fair lady; urging her to date or even getting married. Jing reveals that GEM often makes fun of her as “the little girl hoping to get married,” and it made her laugh. Has she ever thought about getting married? Jing admits that she is indeed looking forward to marriage, but unfortunately has yet to find a partner. However, she is getting prepped up in ready for her future marriage by eating herself plump.
This song is SUPER old!! We actually had this song almost done for Ah Jing’s Xiang Fan de Wo album. Actually about 80% of this arrangement is from 2009 when we recorded the demo. But it didn’t end up making it onto that album. And I was really surprised that 3 years later they wanted to use it!
I remember that after we worked on Xiang Fan de Wo (the song), Ah Jing was sending me all of her original demos. And I remember hearing this Xiao Mi Mi, and thinking, this is great!!! So I started jamming on it, and came up with that guitar intro part. And then just started to record it. And ended up totally finishing up the arrangement. And the day that Ah Jing was going to come over and record the vocals, was the same day that her company called and said that the album was already full, and they didn’t have space for this song. I was kinda bummed out, because I really liked this song, and thought it was really special because Ah Jing wrote it.
So during the 3 years in between Xiang Fan de Wo, and Xiao Nu Hai albums, we’d still see and hang out with Ah Jing. She’d come over with Shadya and Ah Ga just to hang out. But we didn’t actually make any music together. But we’d jam. She and Shadya would play songs that they wrote, and I’d sit in and just jam on guitar with them. It was pretty fun.
So, anyway, when the company confirmed Xiao Mi Mi, I was kinda shocked. I hadn’t thought about that song for years.. So I went back to that 3 year old arrangement. And it still sounded good! The only new thing I did was record real strings and real drums. But everything else was from that 2009 demo. And the vocals were finally recorded after 3 years of waiting.. Hahaha.
I guess that’s the point of this story. You never waste time or effort making songs. I have SO many songs that I’ve finished that have never come out. Lots of songs that are 100% done, with lyrics and the actual artist singing on it. Ready to go.. But for some reason they didn’t make it onto an album. Or the entire album got delayed, or trashed. But you never know what will happen later. Like this song came back to life after 3 years. And the other songs I’ve finished may come back to life as well. Or maybe they’ll be sold to someone else to breathe new life into them. But it’s never a waste. I always learn something from every demo I make. Some new technique I’m trying out. Or a new way to enter a chorus, a new synth sound I bought, a new plug-in on the vocal, etc.. I’d say about only 30% of the songs I do actually come out. The other 70% are patiently waiting in my computer for their chance.. And this song just proves that they’ll probably get their chance if they just keep waiting..
Some insights from the producer of the song Little Secret, as well as many great pieces of music in Jing’s previous albums :) He’s really talented, I love the songs that he makes!
be-mah-oppa asked: Hi! Do you know if her band is still active or not?
Hi, if you’re talking about her band before she debuted - pensauce, then sadly they have disbanded..
A few of the remaining members formed p!sco which have performed with Jing a few times, one of them at Rainbow Festival.
And lastly, her 7Guts is definitely still active!